Saturday, July 2, 2011

The Beginning

Where do i begin?

 I decided to create this blog after searching for other 'families' with Autoimmune disorders and found nothing. I still cant believe that 3 out of 4 of my little family has one - and to watch for symptoms in the 4th.

6 years ago i was diagnosed with Idiopathic Thrombocytopenia Purpura. An Autoimmune disease where your body destroys your platelets.

Nearly a year ago, my husband - Mr A - was diagnosed with the exact same thing. Doctors were baffled - its not contagious. I was bawling, i had been through it and it was not pleasant.

We were together long before either one of us was diagnosed - what are the odds that we met and fell in love?

Worse. Before either one of us was diagnosed - we had a son. - Master Z. He is currently 6 years old and 9 months ago was diagnosed with a mixed connective tissue disease. Sjogrens Syndrome is one of them, we will not know what else he has until he shows symptoms.

We have been told that because Mr A and I both have Autoimmune disorders, it is likely that our children will too. We had Master Z before we were diagnosed! So we are worried for Miss J also.

Fingers crossed.

So here is our story. I dont know how it will turn out. I only know how it has begun.
Hopefully this blog will be uneventful but id like to think that others out there can read it and not feel alone.

No comments:

Post a Comment